Friday 3 August 2007

More nonsense from the nonsemeister

This just in from my 'friend':

Dear Robert

I hope this email finds you well.

For crying out loud - I am NOT "cheesed off" at you and you HAVEN'T done anything wrong. Things change, we were in a band together a long time ago. That was a different time in a different place and we are now different people. It's called life! Everyone moves on, sometimes friendships endure change and sometimes they just don't. You need to stop reading between lines that have no text between them.

While I am here I thought I must comment on the music you have completed (Face part 4). I'm very sorry and hope you won’t be hurt by my comments but this is utter rot! You have completely misinterpreted the percussion and totally left out Jen's complex and wonderfully haunting bass line. Besides why in God's name did you choose this as your first piece? It was never one of our best. Could this be you unconscious desire to fail? Anyone tuning into your blog will take one listen to this and never come back. Why not put something up that represented our music, rather than the hippy-trippy, substance induced nonsense. Personally I would suggest "I Keep the One I Love in the Freezer" this was a good representation of our work and always a favourite with audiences. Any additional music you DO put up, please please treat it sensitively which might avoid anyone listening vomiting their internal organs.

One final point, I'll be honest, I'm worried about you. Just because our lives have gone in separate directions does not mean I don't think about or care for you - I do. I find your continued obsession with the whereabouts of Zed worrying in the extreme. You seem to see the slightest little thing as mystical signs and portents. First the 'sighting' of Zed’s guitar - how many battered old strats are out there? And then the "Zed' Dead" website. Jesus H Corbett - it just a web site!!! "Zed" and "Dead" rhyme - get it - it's just a cool name for a band!! There really is nothing mystical here. I hope your readers do not think I am being over fussy here but remember I know you well and I know the fragility of your mind. Please Robert, I am begging you, seek help before this gets out of hand.

As always I wish you the very best and much respect. I look forward to reading my email on your blog and will be interested to see if you have had the common sense to edit any of it.

Graham.

From Robert: funny how Graham wants me to do a song with one of his lyrics in. I always thought "I Keep the One I Love in the Freezer" was a rubbish song mate.

No comments: