Tuesday 26 June 2007

Birthdays

Now I don't know why, but we always made a big deal of celebrating birthdays in the band.

I distinctly remember sitting in a pub celebrating Beth's birthday and realising that we had never celebrated Zed's. This must have been at least two years after he'd joined the band.

So I asked him when his birthday was and he said he didn't have one. Obviously, we all protested that everyone has a birthday, but he was very firm: he didn't have one. Not even "I don't know when my birthday is" but "I don't have a birthday".

So, we asked him to pick a date he liked and we'd celebrate his birthday on that date. He went along with it and suggested the 26th of June. Why the 26th of June? No reason.

So, since then, I've raised a glass to Zed on this day. Wherever you are, mate, here's to you. Cheers.

1 comment:

Mathew Freeman said...

I'm amazed that someone is actually putting up some information about the band! I'll be reading through this and leaving comments as and when I pick up on something.